Walnut Butter Crunch Recipe
Maybe it's the extra butter that makes this lip-smacking crunch so delectable. It takes a long time to make, but my family and friends insist it's worth every minute!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:20 servings
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 2 cups butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. Grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cube remaining butter; add to sugar mixture. Cook until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage). Stir in walnuts. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Cool.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle or spread over candy. Sprinkle with finely chopped walnuts. Break into pieces. Yield: About 2-1/2 pounds.
1 serving (2 ounces) equals 381 calories, 30 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC