I ran out of boxed brownie mix once and experimented with cake mix instead. The result was so yummy my family thought I'd made brownies from scratch.Charlotte Baillargeon, Hinsdale, Massachusetts
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil and water until well
- blended (batter will be thick). Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for
- 25-33 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched in
- the center. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 99 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.