Walnut Broccoli Bake Recipe
A friend shared this recipe with me years ago and it instantly became a family favorite. When I make it for potluck luncheons, there are no leftovers. —Carolyn Bosetti, LaSalle, Ontario
- 9 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain and transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter. Stir in flour and bouillon. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over broccoli.
- 3. In a large saucepan, melt remaining butter. Add the water, stuffing and walnuts; mix well. Spoon over broccoli. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until stuffing is lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 203 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 583mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Broccoli Bake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC