Walnut Broccoli Bake
A friend shared this recipe with me years ago and it instantly became a family favorite. When I make it for potluck luncheons, there are no leftovers.
Carolyn Bosetti, LaSalle, Ontario
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 9 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain and transfer to
- a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter. Stir in flour
- and bouillon. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over
- In a large saucepan, melt remaining butter. Add the water, stuffing
- and walnuts; mix well. Spoon over broccoli. Bake, uncovered, at
- 375° for 20-25 minutes or until stuffing is lightly browned.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 203 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 583 mg sodium,