A friend shared this recipe with me years ago and it instantly became a family favorite. When I make it for potluck luncheons, there are no leftovers. —Carolyn Bosetti, LaSalle, Ontario
Recommended: 45 Super Foods for Your Brain
- 9 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain and transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter. Stir in flour and bouillon. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over broccoli.
- In a large saucepan, melt remaining butter. Add the water, stuffing and walnuts; mix well. Spoon over broccoli. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until stuffing is lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Broccoli Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p74
Reviews for Walnut Broccoli Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review