Walnut Bread Recipe
The walnut flavor really comes through in this nicely textured loaf from Ginny Rice of Oshkosh, Wisconsin. "It's delicious, moist and excellent for toasting," she adds.
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as Walnut Bread in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p33
Reviews for Walnut Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review