- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in banana and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, mixing well after each addition.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with walnuts. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Walnut Banana Cupcakes
Sort By :
"Very easy to make and very delicious! I doubled the batch, which worked out well considering that half of the cupcakes were gone in less than 24 hours."
"The Nutmeg overwhelmed the banana taste. Moist and light."
"Great recipe to add to my cupcake book..."
"These cupcakes were awesome! They have a great banana flavor and are very moist. The only problem with this recipe is that it only makes a dozen. I will definitely double the recipe the next time I make them. They were devoured by my family as soon as they were cool enough to eat."
"Yjese cupcakes were easy to make and tasty as well. The icing was really good!"