- 4 cups finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Grease a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with some of the melted butter. Unroll phyllo dough sheets (keep dough covered with plastic wrap while assembling).
- Place one sheet of phyllo in baking dish; brush with butter. Top with a second sheet; brush with butter. Fold long ends under to fit the dish. Sprinkle with about 1/4 cup nut mixture. Repeat 18 times, layering two sheets, brushing with butter and sprinkling with nut mixture. Top with remaining dough; brush with butter. Cut into 2-in. diamonds with a sharp knife.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the syrup ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Pour over warm baklava. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Walnut Baklava(11)
Sort By :
This recipe was easy to prepare and my husband really enjoyed it.
I found this dessert very time consuming to make, but very sweet, delicious and worth it. Tried making it once using 1/2 pistachios and 1/2 walnuts, but couldn't taste much difference in the end...oh well! I will stick to the original recipe from now on.
Absolutely delicious, my family loves it!
I have made this several times following the recipe exactly and it is delicious! A huge hit everywhere I've taken it.
Just made these and it was delicious! I may have overcooked them just a little. I would probably expect to cook them about 40-45 mins next time but other than that I wouldn't change a thing.