Walnut Bacon Bread
"Talk about something frugal and easy-this is it!" relates Barbara Nowakowski of North Tonawanda, New York. "The recipe uses a biscuit mix, so I have time to make the bread regularly."
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, eggs, onion and
- pepper sauce just until moistened. Stir in the cheese, bacon and
- walnuts. Spread into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 48-52 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.