"Talk about something frugal and easy-this is it!" relates Barbara Nowakowski of North Tonawanda, New York. "The recipe uses a biscuit mix, so I have time to make the bread regularly."
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, eggs, onion and pepper sauce just until moistened. Stir in the cheese, bacon and walnuts. Spread into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 48-52 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Walnut bacon bread in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p53
Reviews for Walnut Bacon Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review