Walnut-Apple Snack Cake Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in the apples, toffee bits and walnuts.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 18 servings.
1 piece: 241 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Walnut-Apple Snack Cake
"Good recipe :)"
"This was super easy and really good. Next time I would use a tad less apples and more English Toffee Bits. Super moist!!"