Walnut Apple Rice Recipe
“I have been making this delicious rice dish for many years and get requests for the recipe often,” writes Janice Mitchell of Aurora, Colorado. “It's easy to fix when you are in a hurry and goes well with pork dishes.”
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the water, cider, salt and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Stir in the rice, apple and walnuts. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 173 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC