- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the water, cider, salt and cinnamon; bring to a boil. Stir in the rice, apple and walnuts. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Apple Rice in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p12
Reviews for Walnut Apple Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2011
I used regular white rice, just stirred in the apples and walnuts at the end of steaming and replaced the lid to let stand. I also omitted the cinnamon. This was good and nice for a change.