Walnut Apple Dessert Recipe
- 8 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 6 medium)
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts, divided
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Place apples in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon. In a bowl, cream butter and remaining brown sugar. Beat in eggs. Stir in flour and 1/2 cup walnuts. Spread over apples. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until the apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 each: 362 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Apple Dessert
"This is absolutely delicious! I used pecans because my walnuts weren't as fresh as they could be, and I can't wait to try it with walnuts. I used a cake decorating spatula to spread the batter, and it worked perfectly. This one is a keeper!"
"This recipe is so easy and it spread just fine. I used room temp butter and eggs. The consistency of the batter is like chocolate chip cookie dough. I did switch out the walnuts for pecans and I served with pecan praline ice cream.....I also used red delicious apples instead of granny smith as I had them from a friend who has a tree....This is one of the most delicious apple recipes I have ever made!!!! thanks"
"Delicious dessert especially during apple season. The batter is a bit difficult to "spread" but with a little patience it works well. You want to make sure the butter is really soft and the eggs are at room temperature. If you add cold eggs it will stiffen the butter back up making it more difficult to mix and spread."
"I just finished making this wonderful dessert and I got the thumbs up from all my family. I didn't use Granny Apples because all I had were 6 Delicious apples about to turn; and I didn't use all purpose flour because after the Christmas season I was all out so I used All Purpose Rice Flour. Making the substitutions out of necessity didn't seem to matter, it came out delicious anyway. I can't wait to make it again using the prescribed ingredients because I know it will be even more delicious due the tangy taste of the Granny Apples. I give this recipe 5 stars!"
"Enjoyed this dessert it is like a bread pudding except it has apples."
"One of my husband's favorite desserts."
"The flavor of this dish was ok, but I found the top batter a bit difficult to spread on the apples. Not a 'spectacular' dessert by any means."