- 8 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 6 medium)
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts, divided
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place apples in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon. In a bowl, cream butter and remaining brown sugar. Add eggs. Stir in flour and 1/2 cup walnuts. Spread over apples. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until the apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Walnut Apple Dessert
Sort By :
"I just finished making this wonderful dessert and I got the thumbs up from all my family. I didn't use Granny Apples because all I had were 6 Delicious apples about to turn; and I didn't use all purpose flour because after the Christmas season I was all out so I used All Purpose Rice Flour. Making the substitutions out of necessity didn't seem to matter, it came out delicious anyway. I can't wait to make it again using the prescribed ingredients because I know it will be even more delicious due the tangy taste of the Granny Apples. I give this recipe 5 stars!"
"Enjoyed this dessert it is like a bread pudding except it has apples."
"One of my husband's favorite desserts."
"The flavor of this dish was ok, but I found the top batter a bit difficult to spread on the apples. Not a 'spectacular' dessert by any means."
"This is a wonderful dessert! I just shared this recipe with a friend who wanted a dessert for a luncheon party...I heard back from her later that day that the ladies LOVED it! Can't wait to make this for Thanksgiving dinner!"