The neighbor who shared this recipe with me predicted that I'd serve it often, just as she has for more than 30 years. It's easy to put together and is wonderfully fruity. I like to serve it with ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. -Diann Mallehan, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- 8 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 6 medium)
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts, divided
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place apples in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon. In a bowl, cream butter and remaining brown sugar. Beat in eggs. Stir in flour and 1/2 cup walnuts. Spread over apples. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until the apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Apple Dessert in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p33
Reviews for Walnut Apple Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review