Walnut Apple Dessert Recipe
- 8 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 6 medium)
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts, divided
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place apples in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon. In a bowl, cream butter and remaining brown sugar. Add eggs. Stir in flour and 1/2 cup walnuts. Spread over apples. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until the apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Walnut Apple Dessert
Sort By :
"Enjoyed this dessert it is like a bread pudding except it has apples."
"This is really good. I did find the top batter a little difficult to spread but to terribly enough not to make it again. I think the apples are missing a little sweetness i may try to add some granulated sugar to them next time."
"One of my husband's favorite desserts."
"The flavor of this dish was ok, but I found the top batter a bit difficult to spread on the apples. Not a 'spectacular' dessert by any means."
"This is a wonderful dessert! I just shared this recipe with a friend who wanted a dessert for a luncheon party...I heard back from her later that day that the ladies LOVED it! Can't wait to make this for Thanksgiving dinner!"