- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded peeled tart apples
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla. Add apples and sugar; beat for 1 minute. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and baking powder; add to apple mixture until blended. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and brown sugar; sprinkle over cake. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Walnut Apple Bundt Cake
"My first time making this cake and it was a hit! I got good compliments on it. Fresh, moist, delicious and all from scratch!"
"sorry for not finishing my review ... typing on my new Kindle Fire. Moist cake, great flavor. You only need 1 tbsp of confectioners and brown sugar."
"This cake came out perfectly for me. Does it have a strong apple flavor? No, but they make the the cinnamon and nuts"
"Wonderfully moist cake. Fresh apples and nuts. Lovely!"
"This was very moist and delicious. The first time I made it as the recipe called and the second time I added some raisins to the batter. Perfect for the fall season."