At the campground where my husband and I have a trailer, the campers hold an auction of baked goods every Fourth of July. I donated this moist Bundt cake last year and it brought in the highest bid! I often use black walnuts in place of regular walnuts because they add a special flavor.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded peeled tart apples
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla. Add apples and sugar; beat for 1 minute. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and baking powder; add to apple mixture until blended. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and brown sugar; sprinkle over cake. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Apple Bundt Cake in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p30
Reviews for Walnut Apple Bundt Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review