- about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray,
- turning once to coat the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place
- until doubled, about 1 hour.
- For filling, in a small bowl, combine apples and walnuts. Combine the
- sugar, flour and cinnamon; stir into apple mixture. Punch dough
- down. Roll into a 14x12-in. rectangle. Spread butter to within 1/2
- in. of edges; sprinkle with apple mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style,
- starting with a long side. Cut in half. Pinch seams to seal and tuck
- ends under.
- Place loaves seam side down in two 9x5-in. loaf pans coated with
- cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. With a sharp knife, make eight shallow
- slashes across top of each loaf. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden
- brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. In a small bowl,
- combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over bread. Yield: 2 loaves (16
- slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 140 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.