Walnut Applesauce Pie Recipe
My mother baked this pie every autumn, and it's become a tradition at our house. My husband always asks for seconds.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sugars and flour. Beat in the egg, egg white, applesauce, milk and vanilla until well blended. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until set. Cool completely. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 375 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC