My mother baked this pie every autumn, and it's become a tradition at our house. My husband always asks for seconds.
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sugars and flour. Beat in the egg, egg white, applesauce, milk and vanilla until well blended. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until set. Cool completely. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Applesauce Pie in Country December/January 1997, p51
Reviews for Walnut Applesauce Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review