Walleye Veracruz Recipe
"Living in Minnesota lake country, we've naturally had to come up with a variety of recipes for fresh walleye," write Robert and Linda Nagle of Park Rapids. "This is a family favorite of our that has Mexican flair." They sprinkle the fish with lemon-pepper, then top it with slices of onion, green pepper and tomato.
- 4 walleye or catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- Place the fillets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Layer with onion, green pepper, tomato and olives.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Walleye Veracruz in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p52
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Walleye Veracruz(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >