- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium chili seasoning mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (15 ounces) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 5 packages (1 ounce each) corn chips
- Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and sliced green onions
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in chili seasoning mix, pepper, tomatoes and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, cut open corn chip bags. Add beef mixture and toppings as desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Walking Tacos
"This is a family favorite. This is a classic recipe that has been around a while. We love how easy it is to customize."
"These sound so fun and good. I will have to try them soon. Love the idea of eating them outside with margaritas."
"This recipe is perfect for adapting all sorts of ways."
"These were great Beverly. Another quick idea would be to just use canned chili of your liking and, of course, add sliced olives! I can't seem to make anything in the Mexican food family without adding olives lol! Thanks for the fun idea"
"Fun and tasty, my only advice is to hold bag sideways, clip tiny amount from two corners, then slide scissors across from one clipped corner to other clipped corner to make opening. Opening then is larger and easier to eat from. Crush chips a bit before making opening. This for those who have never had walking tacos. Enjoy"