- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium chili seasoning mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (15 ounces) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 5 packages (1 ounce each) corn chips
- Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and sliced green onions
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in chili seasoning mix, pepper, tomatoes and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, cut open corn chip bags. Add beef mixture and toppings as desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Walking Tacos
Sort By :
How do you eat i.e. like nachos or with a fork. Is it messy???
Good recipe! We used turkey instead of beef, and low fat sour cream. Very tasty!! Only problem, was after I added the beans and tomatoes, there wasn't enought liquid to boil. I added half a can of beer, and let it simmer for an hour.
These are great!
This taste much like the Taco Bell's taco with doritos. Like the other reviewer, you can easily customize this to your liking. Thanks for sharing.
What a fun and tasty summer meal!! These tacos are so good and you can customize the ingredients for your families likes. I used only tomatoes since my family doesn't like green chilies all that much!!