- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium chili seasoning mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (15 ounces) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 5 packages (1 ounce each) corn chips
- Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and sliced green onions
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in chili seasoning mix, pepper, tomatoes and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, cut open corn chip bags. Add beef mixture and toppings as desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Walking Tacos
"i loved idea and have had these many times - but this recipe has 1017 mg of sodium... wow! we used reduced sodium chili seasonings... and no salt corn chips (speciality and health food stores sells these kind of corn chips"
"always loved Frito pie, so this Frito pie to go is perfect."
"I made these for my sons party when he returned from Afghanistan and all the guys loved them. Perfect for all and I followed your recipe Beverly. I didn't change anything at all and I will be making a bunch of these next month again when he comes home for a small vacation. Thank-you!!!"
"This is a family favorite. This is a classic recipe that has been around a while. We love how easy it is to customize."
"These sound so fun and good. I will have to try them soon. Love the idea of eating them outside with margaritas."