Walk-Along Chili Recipe
Satisfying young ones' after-school appetites is a cinch with this recipe from Joyce vonStempa of Jeffersontown, Kentucky. "Not only is it filling, serving it in a chip bag makes it fun," she relates. "Plus, you can use the leftover chili for a meal later in the week."
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 16 bags (1-1/4 ounces each) corn chips
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven brown meat over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Stir in the next eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 2. To serve, split open bags of chips at the back seam or cut an "x" in the bag; add 1/2 cup of chili to each. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 16 servings.
1 cup: 132 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Walk-Along Chili
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2013
"This has always been a hit at Fairs growing up"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC