- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 16 bags (1-1/4 ounces each) corn chips
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven brown meat over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Stir in the next eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- To serve, split open bags of chips at the back seam or cut an "x" in the bag; add 1/2 cup of chili to each. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Walk-Along Chili in Country Woman September/October 1995, p11
Reviews for Walk-Along Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2013
"This has always been a hit at Fairs growing up"