Waldorf Turkey Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add turkey and apple; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Spoon 3/4 cup turkey mixture onto four slices of bread; top with a lettuce leaf and remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (calculated without bread) equals 127 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.