Waldorf Turkey Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add turkey and apple; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Spoon 3/4 cup turkey mixture onto four slices of bread; top with a lettuce leaf and remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 127 calories, 5g fat (0g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 12g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 0 fruit.
Reviews for Waldorf Turkey Sandwiches
"Easy to prepare, I added Miracle Whip for a more tart taste."