Waldorf Turkey Salad
Crisp apples, celery and walnuts teamed with lean poultry turn any meal into a picnic. The combination of tastes and textures makes this Waldorf Turkey Salad a cool classic. —Mitzi Sentiff, Annapolis, Maryland
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup cubed apple
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, honey, ginger and salt. In a large
- bowl, combine the turkey, apple, grapes, celery and raisins; add
- yogurt mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve on lettuce; sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 294 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.