Waldorf Turkey Salad Sandwiches Recipe
"Whether we eat these sandwiches indoors or outside at a picnic, they are always popular," says Lawrenceville, GA field editor Lillian Julow. "Children especially enjoy the touch of sweetness."
- 1 cup diced cooked turkey
- 2/3 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 4 sandwich rolls, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, apple, celery, walnuts and raisins. Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, tarragon, orange peel, salt and pepper. Pour over turkey mixture, stir to coat. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each roll. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 547 calories, 29 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 562 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC