"Whether we eat these sandwiches indoors or outside at a picnic, they are always popular," says Lawrenceville, GA field editor Lillian Julow. "Children especially enjoy the touch of sweetness."
- 1 cup diced cooked turkey
- 2/3 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 4 sandwich rolls, split
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, apple, celery, walnuts and raisins. Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, tarragon, orange peel, salt and pepper. Pour over turkey mixture, stir to coat. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each roll. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Waldorf Turkey Sandwiches in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p12
Reviews for Waldorf Turkey Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review