Waldorf Tuna Salad
Field editor Shirley Glaab from Hattiesburg, Mississippi dresses up tuna salad deliciously with apple, raisins, dates and walnuts...then drizzles it all with a tangy yogurt dressing.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 large red apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna, apple, celery, raisins, dates and
- walnuts. Combine yogurt and mayonnaise; add to tuna mixture and toss
- to coat. Serve on lettuce-lined plates; sprinkle with the cheese.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 340 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 495 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a