Waldorf Tuna Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 large red apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the tuna, apple, celery, raisins, dates and walnuts. Combine yogurt and mayonnaise; add to tuna mixture and toss to coat. Serve on lettuce-lined plates; sprinkle with the cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 340 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 495 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Waldorf Tuna Salad
"Made this with canned chicken instead, very good, very additive. Have never used the Monterey Jack cheese, I don't think the salad needs it. One of my favorites!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.