Waldorf Stuffed Ham Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (6 ounces) pork stuffing mix
- 1 medium tart apple, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (8 pounds)
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large saucepan, bring apple juice and butter to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in stuffing mix, apple, onion, celery and walnuts.
- 2. Place ham on a rack in a roasting pan. Spoon stuffing by tablespoonfuls between ham slices. Spoon pie filling over ham; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1/2 pound) equals 410 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 2,283 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer