I couldn’t resist trying something new for this contest, and this recipe just popped into my head. I served it to my husband, and he said it’s a keeper. —Colleen Vrooman, Waukesha, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (6 ounces) pork stuffing mix
- 1 medium tart apple, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (8 pounds)
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large saucepan, bring apple juice and butter to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in stuffing mix, apple, onion, celery and walnuts.
- Place ham on a rack in a roasting pan. Spoon stuffing by tablespoonfuls between ham slices. Spoon pie filling over ham; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake, uncovered, 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Waldorf Stuffed Ham in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p27
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Waldorf Stuffed Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review