Waldorf Salad Recipe
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 cups seedless green grapes, halved
- 2 cups diced unpeeled apples
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, eggs, celery and grapes. In a small bowl, toss apples with lemon juice; add the mayonnaise, horseradish, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Add pecans; serve over a bed of lettuce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (2 cups) equals 797 calories, 65 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 272 mg cholesterol, 721 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.