Waldorf Salad with Whipping Cream Recipe
I found this recipe in a local cookbook. The whipping cream makes it a little different than the usual Waldorf salad, but it’s always good with any meal. —Romaine Wetzel, Ronks, Pennsylvania
- 4 cups chopped apples (about 3 large)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice, divided
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a large bowl, toss apples with 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Stir in celery and walnuts.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar, salt and remaining lemon juice until blended. Fold in whipped cream. Gently stir into fruit mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Waldorf Salad with Whipping Cream
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC