Waldorf Salad with Whipping Cream
I found this recipe in a local cookbook. The whipping cream makes it a little different than the usual Waldorf salad, but it’s always good with any meal.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups chopped apples (about 3 large)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice, divided
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large bowl, toss apples with 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Stir in
- celery and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar, salt and remaining
- lemon juice until blended. Fold in whipped cream. Gently stir into
- fruit mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.