Blue cheese perks up this version of a classic. Serve over lettuce leaves for a great lunch dish. Deborah Williams — Peoria, Arizona
- 4 large apples, chopped
- 2 cups green grapes, halved
- 1-1/3 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, grapes, celery, raisins and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, buttermilk, blue cheese and sugar. Pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Waldorf Salad in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p39
Reviews for Waldorf Salad with Blue Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review