Waldorf Salad with Blue Cheese Recipe
Blue cheese perks up this version of a classic. Serve over lettuce leaves for a great lunch dish. Deborah Williams — Peoria, Arizona
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 4 large apples, chopped
- 2 cups green grapes, halved
- 1-1/3 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the apples, grapes, celery, raisins and lemon juice.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, buttermilk, blue cheese and sugar. Pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Just before serving, sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 126 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC