Waldorf Salad with Blue Cheese
Blue cheese perks up this version of a classic. Serve over lettuce leaves for a great lunch dish. Deborah Williams — Peoria, Arizona
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 large apples, chopped
- 2 cups green grapes, halved
- 1-1/3 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, grapes, celery, raisins and
- lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, buttermilk, blue cheese and
- sugar. Pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 126 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.