Waldorf Salad Mold
When I was growing up, my mother would make Waldorf salad during the holiday season using Red Delicious apples. This version is a nice time-saver because you can prepare it ahead of time without the worry of the apples browning.
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 2 medium apples, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- LEMON YOGURT DRESSING:
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold
- water. Cover and refrigerate until partially set, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Fold in the apples, celery and walnuts. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold
- coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or
- until set.
- For dressing, combine the yogurt, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon;
- chill until serving. To serve, unmold salad onto a platter. Serve
- with dressing. Yield: 12 servings.