When I was growing up, my mother would make Waldorf salad during the holiday season using Red Delicious apples. This version is a nice time-saver because you can prepare it ahead of time without the worry of the apples browning.
Recommended: 41 Ways to Love Jell-O (Because We Know You Do)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 2 medium apples, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- LEMON YOGURT DRESSING:
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Cover and refrigerate until partially set, about 1-1/2 hours. Fold in the apples, celery and walnuts. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- For dressing, combine the yogurt, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon; chill until serving. To serve, unmold salad onto a platter. Serve with dressing. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Waldorf Salad Mold in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p52
Reviews for Waldorf Salad Mold
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review