- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 cups seedless green grapes, halved
- 2 cups diced unpeeled apples
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, eggs, celery and grapes. In a small bowl, toss apples with lemon juice; add the mayonnaise, horseradish, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Add pecans; serve over a bed of lettuce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Waldorf Salad in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p11
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Waldorf Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review