Waldorf Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread about 1 cup chicken salad over four slices of bread,. Top with lettuce if desired and remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 731 calories, 48g fat (7g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 960mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 36g protein .
Reviews for Waldorf Chicken Salad Sandwiches
"Followed the directions exactly except cut the nutmeg to 1/8 tsp.... still had an overpowering flavor.... we didn't care for this."
"This was a big hit in tea sandwiches at my Sister's Bridal Shower. I didn't use the pecans, but only cause I didn't have them :)"