Waldorf Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread about 1 cup chicken salad over four slices of bread,. Top with lettuce if desired and remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 731 calories, 48 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 960 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Waldorf Chicken Salad Sandwiches
"Followed the directions exactly except cut the nutmeg to 1/8 tsp.... still had an overpowering flavor.... we didn't care for this."
"This was a big hit in tea sandwiches at my Sister's Bridal Shower. I didn't use the pecans, but only cause I didn't have them :)"