"Autumn is apple-picking time here in New Jersey, so with such an abundance of that delicious fruit, it just seemed natural to toss a chopped apple into my chicken salad," relates Karen Small from Maple Shade.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread about 1 cup chicken salad over four slices of bread,. Top with lettuce if desired and remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Waldorf Chicken Salad Sandwiches in Country Woman September/October 2001, p21
Reviews for Waldorf Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review