Wake-Up Casserole Recipe
- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound cubed fully cooked ham (2 cups)
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. Place hash brown patties in a single layer in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and ham. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and mustard. Pour over ham.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until edges are golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 437 calories, 26 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 280 mg cholesterol, 1,307 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.