Wake-Up Casserole Recipe
- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound cubed fully cooked ham (2 cups)
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place hash brown patties in a single layer in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and ham. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and mustard. Pour over ham.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until edges are golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Wake-Up Casserole
Sort By :
This is my favorite egg bake casserole!! It is so easy and everyone loves it!!
This recipe is a favorite! Its great for pot-lucks or bunches. Love it!
Love this casserole, and it's a favorite of the hubby as well. I sometimes use tater tots instead of the hash browns, browning them a bit beforehand. I'm making it this week using sausage instead of ham since that's what I have in the house right now. That's one thing that's so good about this casserole; it's very versatile.
I have been making this recipe for many years since it was first published in the Quick Cooking book. Sometime in those years I started relying on memory to make it and apparently my memory is faulty as I have bee using ground ginger instead of mustard and 9 eggs instead of 7. Even with my poor memory skills this casserole is still a favorite of my family. I also usually add a 2 1/2 oz can of sliced olives and a small can of chopped green chilies before putting on the cheese. Wonderful addition to our arsenal of recipes. Thanks!
I cut this recipe in half for my son and myself. It made a great dinner with salad and biscuits. I did not add salt because ham is salty. This is very fast and easy to make. I plan to make it as a side dish for family bbq's.