Wake-Up Casserole Recipe
- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound cubed fully cooked ham (2 cups)
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place hash brown patties in a single layer in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and ham. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and mustard. Pour over ham.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until edges are golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Wake-Up Casserole
Sort By :
"This is my favorite egg bake casserole!! It is so easy and everyone loves it!!"
"This recipe is a favorite! Its great for pot-lucks or bunches. Love it!"
"Love this casserole, and it's a favorite of the hubby as well. I sometimes use tater tots instead of the hash browns, browning them a bit beforehand. I'm making it this week using sausage instead of ham since that's what I have in the house right now. That's one thing that's so good about this casserole; it's very versatile."
"I have been making this recipe for many years since it was first published in the Quick Cooking book. Sometime in those years I started relying on memory to make it and apparently my memory is faulty as I have bee using ground ginger instead of mustard and 9 eggs instead of 7. Even with my poor memory skills this casserole is still a favorite of my family. I also usually add a 2 1/2 oz can of sliced olives and a small can of chopped green chilies before putting on the cheese. Wonderful addition to our arsenal of recipes. Thanks!"
"I cut this recipe in half for my son and myself. It made a great dinner with salad and biscuits. I did not add salt because ham is salty. This is very fast and easy to make. I plan to make it as a side dish for family bbq's."