You'll find everything you want for breakfast--potatoes, eggs, cheese and ham--in this satisfying casserole from Iris Frank of Eureka Illinois. "It can be made the night before and kept in the refrigerator," she comments. "I frequently make it for church potlucks and for company. Everybody loves it."
- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound cubed fully cooked ham (2 cups)
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place hash brown patties in a single layer in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and ham. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and mustard. Pour over ham.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until edges are golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Wake-Up Casserole in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p13
Reviews for Wake-Up Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review