- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound cubed fully cooked ham (2 cups)
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place hash brown patties in a single layer in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and ham. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and mustard. Pour over ham.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until edges are golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Wake-Up Casserole
"This is super easy to prepare. I put it together the night before and put it in the oven the next morning. I added a small can of chopped green chilies, which tasted great and provided some balance to the richness of the cheese. This dish has A LOT of cheese. I might add some chopped onion or more chilies, and cut back a bit on the cheese next time."
"Isn"t 16 oz 2 cups?"
"This is my favorite egg bake casserole!! It is so easy and everyone loves it!!"
"This recipe is a favorite! Its great for pot-lucks or bunches. Love it!"
"Love this casserole, and it's a favorite of the hubby as well. I sometimes use tater tots instead of the hash browns, browning them a bit beforehand. I'm making it this week using sausage instead of ham since that's what I have in the house right now. That's one thing that's so good about this casserole; it's very versatile."