Wake-Up Bacon Omelet Recipe
- 2 to 4 bacon strips, diced
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 3 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towel to drain; discard drippings.
- 2. Whisk the eggs, water, chives, hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper and bacon. Pour into the same skillet; cook over medium-high heat (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 3. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, fold omelet in thirds. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (1 each) equals 223 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 436 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Wake-Up Bacon Omelet
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.