Wake-Up Bacon Omelet
The hot pepper adds the right amount of zip to this delicious omelet. And because it's so easy to prepare, it's perfect for both hurried weekday breakfasts and leisurely weekend brunches.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 to 4 bacon strips, diced
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 3 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until
- crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towel to drain;
- discard drippings.
- Whisk the eggs, water, chives, hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper and
- bacon. Pour into the same skillet; cook over medium-high heat
- (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, fold omelet in
- thirds. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve.
- Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 223 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 436 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium,