- 2 to 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 3 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towel to drain; discard drippings.
- Whisk the eggs, water, chives, hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper and bacon. Pour into the same skillet; cook over medium-high heat (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, fold omelet in thirds. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Wake-Up Bacon Omelet in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p26
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Wake-Up Bacon Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review