Wake-Up Bacon Omelet Recipe
The hot pepper adds the right amount of zip to this delicious omelet. And because it's so easy to prepare, it's perfect for both hurried weekday breakfasts and leisurely weekend brunches.
- 2 to 4 bacon strips, diced
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 3 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In an 8-in. nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towel to drain; discard drippings.
- Whisk the eggs, water, chives, hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper and bacon. Pour into the same skillet; cook over medium-high heat (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, fold omelet in thirds. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Wake-Up Bacon Omelet in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p26
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Wake-Up Bacon Omelet(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review