Wagon Wheel Turnovers
When my children were still at home, I made this often because they loved it. They still do (and so do I!). With a salad or a simple cooked vegetable alongside, these turnovers make a complete meal.—Donna Meyer, New Albin, Iowa
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce, divideed
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a skillet, brown ground beef with onion and mushrooms; drain. Stir
- in 1/3 cup cheese soup and poultry seasoning. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and curry powder. Cut
- in butter until mixture resembles fine meal. Stir in 1/3 cup tomato
- sauce and water.
- Knead on a floured surface until a soft dough forms. Roll into a
- 14-in. square. Cut into four 7-in. squares. Divide meat mixture