Wagon Wheel Supper
Kids will really enjoy this cheesy pasta dish souped up with corn and beef; it's perfect for a chilly spring night.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound uncooked wagon wheel pasta
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces sliced Colby cheese, cut into strips
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the water, soup, corn, spaghetti sauce mix and pepper. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until
- heated through.
- Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture. Top with cheese; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.