I needed a quick one-skillet dish to put on the table. I thought if I added pizza sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese to pasta, it might appeal to my daughter's selective palate. I was right! —Lori Daniels, Beverly, West Virginia
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked wagon wheel pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato puree, pepperoni, sugar and seasonings; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta; stir into meat mixture. Heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Wagon Wheel Pasta Toss in Taste of Home Shortcuts 2011
Reviews for Wagon Wheel Pasta Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review