Wagon Wheel Pasta Salad
Summertime gatherings aren't complete without a refreshing pasta salad. This tasty version features a mayonnaise and picante dressing.
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 cups uncooked wagon wheel pasta or elbow macaroni
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold
- water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, beans, cheese, tomatoes,
- peppers and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, picante sauce, salt and
- cumin; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2
- hours before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 320 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 462 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.