Wagon Wheel Chili
Youngsters are sure to love the fun shape of the wagon wheel pasta in this zippy chili from Lora Scroggins of El Dorado, Arkansas. It's easy to whip up with canned chili and tomato sauce, so it's great for a hot lunch or quick dinner.
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups uncooked wagon wheel or spiral pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- saucepan, combine the chili, tomato sauce, ketchup and chili powder.
- Heat through.
- Drain and rinse pasta; stir into chili. Garnish with cheese if
- desired. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 266 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 900 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 13 g protein.