Wagon Wheel Casserole
My ground beef hot dish is a family pleaser. We love the combination of ingredients.—Barbara Hopkins, Lusby, Maryland
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 ounces wagon wheel pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over
- medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a shallow 3-qt.
- baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer the pasta, Parmesan
- cheese, green pepper, beef mixture and spaghetti sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with
- mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 257 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 576 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.